Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 3 - The Hardest Day


I don't know what it is about the 3rd day of an exercise plan. Day 1 is easy. You're committed, pumped up, ready to go. Day 2 rolls around and it's a little harder, but who quits after just one day? Day 3 - the day of excuses.

I had more to do yesterday than I would normally have to do in a day and I even made up a few more things that had to be done... However, I wasn't checking things off of my "To-Do" list - I was checking things off of my "Excuse List" - What was I doing? The same thing I always do on Day 3. I was self-sabotaging myself, only, it was O.K. because I was doing productive things like driving kids all over town, doing laundry, going to Sam's Club. I even cleaned out the freakin' refrigerator. Seriously. That monster has needed a good scrubbing for almost 6 months now. SIX MONTHS! I've had 6 months to clean out the refrigerator, but I chose to do it on Day 3.

As I stood there admiring the beauty of my clean refrigerator, it hit me. This was it. My moment of truth. Dinner was done, the house was clean and I was dressed and ready to go out. My sisters were on their way over to my house. It was my little sister's birthday and we were going to go out for a couple of drinks. Once I realized that I only had 30 minutes left before they arrived, I ran into the bedroom, ripped off my jeans, threw on my sweatpants, hammered out 20 sit-ups and 10 push-ups, grabbed the dog and ran out the door. I didn't want to break a sweat because I was going out soon and didn't have time for a shower because I was too busy CLEANING THE REFRIGERATOR!! When Charlie got home from work, he opened the fridge and said, and I quote, "What the hell happened to the refrigerator?" I know what happened to the fridge. Day 3 happened to the fridge.

So, here I am on Day 4 writing my blog post for Day 3. No biggie. I'll try better today.

3 comments:

  1. OMG! That is too funny! I have been loving reading this though! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for this. i have felt the same about my eating habits and have decided to start logging them. Yup, every single solitary item.. stinks but I need to get 'er done.

    ReplyDelete