Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16 - Do NOT Ask Charlie to Pick A Number

Well, this "running out of time" crap is starting to become a pattern...a pattern that I am not comfortable blogging about. It was a very busy day for me and I think choosing to hang with my BFF, (haven't seen her in almost 2 weeks), then heading out to check out the BFF's future-daughter-in-law's new house left no time to take back from...But I'd do it all over again tomorrow! I love my BFF. After High School, we found each other again, 15 years later, on Facebook, and it was as if no time had passed. She's my hero. She works more than full time as an ARNP, has 4 kids, a clean house and still has the time and energy for ME!! My goal is to have the same energy.

So, you see how this could have very easily been my excuse to type here tonight. But it's not an excuse. It's an explanation....an explanation of how I'm letting outside forces control my time. After returning home at almost 10pm, I had to make a decision. I spent a few minutes having an internal debate, while scrolling through my Facebook page, then decided to crawl down onto the floor (still in my good clothes), in front of the TV. {o.O} While lying there, I asked my wonderful husband, who was relaxing on the couch... sipping his drink of choice... to pick a number....any number. I think he knew what I was going to do so he picked 75. Really? Seventy-Five??? Tonight was going to be a "push-ups" night - yes... real, authentic GIRL push-ups. I wasn't too happy with the number 75, but figured, if I was able to hammer out 100 Kitchen Counter Push-ups while eating a burrito and drinking wine, this should be no problem. All I have to say is, it took me 10 minutes to recover the feeling in my arms to be able to type this blog post. Arms will be burning tomorrow. Fo Sho.

5 comments:

  1. I know it! My arms are sore as YOU KNOW WHAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my PITS back...!!! I think it's the push-ups. Every time I walk for 30 minutes, I do 30-60 45 degree pushups (Same as Kitchen Counter Push-Ups...just on the treadmill).

      Delete
  2. That's a LOT of freakin pushups, even if they were the girl kind...that's the only kind I can do that many of...Geez!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!! I did them in sets of 10 up to about 50, then in sets of 5, then at 70, it was one at a time. HA!!!

      Delete