Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 6 - Accidental Perfection

Accidental Perfection. I decided to go a little less formal with my 20 minutes today, and it may have only actually been 16 minutes, but, hey..... it's mine. I can take it or leave it. That's the beauty of taking back 20.

I WILL say that this 16-20 minutes was the MOST FUN of all that I have taken this week. The weather was absolutely refreshing. While chasing Lil C on his scooter, I had an 80lb Black Lab on a leash in one hand and a plastic grocery bag for picking up the dog's lawn sculptures, along with my cell phone in the other hand... with the camera set... ready to snap my blog photo whenever it presented itself.

If you look closely, there is no leash. Oh, there's a leash alright. At this very moment, the dog leash (the really strong retractable kind with a large metal clamp at the end) snapped off her collar and retracted backwards. Flailing back and forth, like the arms of someone being chased by one hundred hornets..... moving closer and closer to my FACE!!! It was one of those moments that felt like it was in slow motion. I couldn't drop the phone or use it as protection, so in the micro second that it took for the leash to snap off of her collar and whip back up into my face and then back to the holder, I decided that I would just have to take one for the team. Apparently, I must have snapped this image as I got hit in the face while also trying to run up to get the dog to get the leash back on her. I really wish I had the video on for this. It would have been MUCH funnier.

I hope everyone has a FABULOUS weekend. Try to come up with creative ways to take back your 20 minutes. It's yours. Just go get it.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious ....shiner or no shiner? You go girl.....devoted seven days!

    ReplyDelete