Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 22 - Late Again


Today was utter perfection. I spent most of the day reading in a quiet house...all alone. I don't get many days like that, so I don't offer any apologies when I milk them for all they're worth. My daughter talked me into reading a book called "A Handmaid's Tale" a few months ago and I read the entire book in 2-3 days. If was compelling. You should read it. I did, however, hate the book's ending. I was so angry at how it ended, that I decided that I wasn't going to accept the ending provided and took it upon myself to re-write a new ending summary. So there. Take THAT Margret Atwood.

My awesome sister in law, Mary, was so thoughtful and bought me two of Margret Atwood's other books, one of which I spent 6 hours reading yesterday. There wasn't much moving or shaking going on yesterday at all, and so technically, I didn't take back my twenty. However, while hanging out at my parents house last night, enjoying a glass of Cap't Morgan and Coke, the guilt set in. Not sure if it was guilt, or an actual craving to use my muscles. Either way, I started hammering out 65 kitchen counter push-ups, in sets of 10 or 15. When my daughter asked what I was doing, my father, who was standing behind her, piped in, "She's taking back twenty." Wow. At least I know my dad is reading my blog. I think he started taking back twenty too...says he's lost 7lbs??? I think it was 7. Even if it was only 3, that's still progress, and progress is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment