Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 17 - Pads to Pits

arm·pit
(ärmpt)n.
1. The hollow under the upper part of the arm at the shoulder.

Keyword: hollow.

It was a chilly day in early December when I strutted into my bathroom, reached under the bathroom counter, grabbed a fresh new razor, took my seat on the edge of the sink and realized that I no longer had armpits.

They were gone. Not so much "gone" in the sense of actually leaving my body, rather, they had inverted. They were no longer "pits," ....they were "pads." Soft, fluffy pads. It was that exact moment that hurled me into Taking Back Twenty. I can't believe I'm putting this out there.

I suppose I wouldn't be putting it out there unless those pesky pads were already beginning the process of recoiling back into my armpit where they belong. I think that you could say that they have reached a state of neutrality. They are not the fluffy pads that they used to be, but they are not the cave like structures of my youth. I miss my armpits. More than anything.

Wanna know what else is working? That beautiful young woman in the background of my photo is my incredible daughter. I was dressed and walking out the door when she asked me to stop so that she could go change and join me as I took back my twenty. Charlie also started Crossfit again yesterday. He does well with rigid exercise plans like that. Not me. I prefer a Yin Yang structure. So after 27 days total, including 17 days of blogging, I can safely say that something is working. Something is changing....and it feels good.

Leave me some comment love!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have to chuckle at this because my armpit is a sore spot for me. Since loosing my original 85 lbs what would be a small armpit has seemed to stretch. Strange I know. It is like my tricep skin that dangles gets in the way, way gross. I would like to say that taking back 20 would fix that but alas it will not, only surgery. Maybe one day but until then a girl can dream :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true - you can never truly appreciate something until it's gone.

      Delete
  2. I WIi fitted my 20 and must say a tad bit sore........and it Feels Good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome... I want to get something for the X-Box for the days I don't feel like going to the gym!!

      Delete