Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5 - Internal Conflict

I've been struggling all day. Maybe it's all of the conflict and garbage that vomits out of my TV every day. Maybe it's because I don't get to hang with my BFF this weekend. Maybe it's all of the election propaganda... all of the negative campaigns. Maybe it's all of the indirect, passive-aggressive cryptic posts that I read on Facebook each day, or maybe it's just (CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT).

If you clicked the link, you had to either hit your back button or go back into Facebook to find the link to my blog again. Or maybe you were offended and decided to just move on. That's ok. This would accurately depict my own frustration today.

I don't seem to be having a conflict with any one or any thing. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's all of the the snowbirds. They clog up the roads for 6 months each year and take 10 minutes to put their credit card back into their wallet after paying for groceries at Walmart. Wow. This is pretty negative. I feel much better now, though. This blogging thing could catch on!

I was in rare form today, so I got a little greedy tonight and decided to take back 30 minutes instead of my regular 20. I walked into my neighborhood gym tonight and was surprised at what I heard. Silence. Dead silence. Deep breath in. Deeper breath out. It was just what I needed. ME TIME. Flipped the TV onto CNN and listened to more election coverage, but it didn't seem to bother me this time. Something had changed...right around the time I hit 20 minutes.... I had this flicker of a voice in my head that said, "Don't stop. This feels good." I think it was the endorphins talking. They had a British accent. Who knew?

Insert British Accent Here

Cheerio!



1 comment:

  1. I center clicked so it opened a new browser so i read your blog :)
    DAYS like this is exactly why I blog just about everyday...it helps to type it all out

    ReplyDelete