Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 19 - Master Debater

I sat down tonight and flipped on the first coverage of the debates that I could find. Anderson Cooper it is. Did you know that Gloria Vanderbilt is his mother? I didn't know this until tonight.

I would normally have only taken back 20 at the gym tonight, but we have a DVR at home that only allows you to record 2 shows at a time, and then makes you WATCH one of the shows that you're DVR'ing. How stupid is that? Why DVR it if you're going to make me watch it while I'm DVR'ing it? I'd complain, but my husband works for the company. ...and in this economy, my DVR is the least of my worries.

I DID, however, stay at the gym for longer than usual so that I could watch some of the debate....Watch the debate? At the GYM? Yes. I took 2-3 minutes watching the gentlemen who were there to decide whether any of them were really watching the basketball game that was on the TV. No one appeared too interested, other than a stolen glance here and there to catch the score. So, I scanned the gym for the location of the remote control and made my move.

Without hesitation, I flipped the DUKE basketball game off (((GASP???))))) and turned it to the Republican Presidential debate.... and then smiled...silently daring anyone challenge me on which was more important. Yes, I was a Remote Control Bully tonight, and I'm not sorry...and Newt is a Master Debater... (chuckle - hahaha) That joke is as funny now as it was in the 8th grade. Thanks Anderson Cooper.

p.s. (This is NOT an endorsement for Newt Gingrich. I think he's a womanizing greasy pig.)

No comments:

Post a Comment