Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 7 - Burrito, Wine, Push-Ups. Repeat.

I honestly thought that today was going to be my first day without taking back twenty. Just as I had resigned to the fact that I would NOT be getting my 20 minutes in, I brought it to Facebook and my Facebook Friends came through with flying colors. While most were encouraging wine glass curls over actual exercise, Chris Coleman suggested that I bring my wine glass to the gym. After all, they DO have cup holders on the treadmills!! That was brilliant, and it got me thinking. I was already in the process of making a burrito for a late lunch/early dinner, so I didn't really want to have to leave to get my 20. After careful consideration, and gaining approval from my Facebook Post Posse, I decided that I would do to 10 kitchen counter push-ups (at a 45 degree incline) after each sip of wine. It actually turned into fairly effective system. Bite of burrito, sip of wine, 10 push-ups. Repeat 10 times. Check out my daily photo. Notice the wine glass, mostly eaten burrito, and 8 tally marks on a Verizon bill? Each tally mark represents 10 push-ups. I managed to finish the session with 100 push-ups altogether. It started burning after 80, then thought...what's 20 more? Git-her-Done. Short post. It's Saturday night - go live life, people.

3 comments:

  1. HAHA GOD i love you! I don't understand how we missed hanging out more...but im regretting that now for sure! LOL! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. Arms are little sore today...I guess those kitchen counter push-ups really worked!!!

    ReplyDelete