Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 25 - X-Rays and Monster Trucks

One part about getting older that I wish I could change is the amount of time it takes the body to recover. Bang your leg on a table and you have a bruise for 2 weeks. Go out drinking and partying until 5am, and pay for it for 3 days. Pull your back doing dead lifts in November, and you will find yourself at the Musculoskeletal Medicine / Orthopedic Surgeon guy in January. He was my age and he had like 2% bodyfat. Scheesh.

So the nurse took me back into a room and tossed a pair of paper shorts and a paper gown on the table. I looked around. There was no x-ray equipment in this room. WTH? I was going to have to walk OUT of this room in paper clothes. No way. Started thinking that they probably have portable equipment by now and she'll be rolling it in any minute.

Nope.

"Come this way," she says as she opens the door. {o.O} Hoping that we would be going into the room next door, I followed her down the hallway, past a lady and gentleman sitting in another room, around a corner, down another hallway past a few more people and finally made it to the x-ray room. Seriously? As if wearing paper clothes isn't bad enough? You had to parade me around the office too? Julie - I know you're reading this. Please send them a message asking them to not make you change until you get into the x-ray room. Seriously. How embarrassing.

Either way, the x-ray looked good and I start physical therapy next week because a Strain/Sprain shouldn't last for 3-4 months. If there are any x-ray techs out there that see anything abnormal, please let me know. :o)

In case you are wondering, I DID hit the gym tonight. 20 minutes straight on the treadmill, then 60 treadmill push-ups. Arms were burning after 45, so I know they're working. It was infiltrated by a pack of 17 year old high school boys towards the end of my workout...thinking about waking up at 6:30am to take back my twenty tomorrow. Not to mention the 500 calories that I'll save by going to bed at 11pm.

p.s. We got out Monster Truck tickets tonight for the Feb 4th show. Good family fun with the BFF and family. Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment