Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 23 - Twenty Excuses: The Day That I Failed

Day 23. Today I failed to Take Back Twenty. I have no photo. I could have easily hammered out 100 Kitchen Counter Push-Ups, or 50 sit-ups, or run up and down the stairs 20 times, or even played the X-Box Kinect. I didn't. I have lots of excuses, in fact, I have TWENTY excuses.

1. Stayed up too late.
2. Slept in until 8:45am.
3. Desperate Housewives
4. Facebook.
5. Had to clean up before my friend Michelle came over to do London's 6-month photos.
6. Had to do London's 6-month photos.
7. Facebook.
8. Had to eat lunch.
9. Had to sort through and edit London's 6-month photos.
10. Paranormal State.
11. Facebook.
12. Had to make Charlie's afterschool snack.
13. Had to pack my camera equipment.
14. Had to figure out where I was allowed to park for tonight's class at USF since tonight's Presidential debate was held AT USF!!!
15. Had to wash my hair.
16. Had to do my nails.
17. Had to go to class.
18. Had to eat dinner.
19. Two & a Half Men.
20. Happy Endings.

For those of you who placed bets on how long it would take to get to this day, fess up now.

9 comments:

  1. Well I did not bet of any sort for any reason. BECAUSE if I remember correctly you said something like , This is a way of getting your self to take back what is yours, and to not feel that horrible guilt if you "fail" one day or whatever. So you didnt take back YOUR Twenty? And what? IT was YOURS to begin with right? Today is a new day and that twenty is still yours. Do what you will with it. Or if you feel that bad about it, Take back 40 today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanna - You are right. I DID say that. Not sure where the guilt is coming from or directed at. Headed to the gym now!!

      Delete
  2. No comment....I plead the fifth....we're two peas in a pod.....haha. wanna be popped this afternoon....come over and get your 20!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Pea in my Pod - HA! Maybe I need to incorporate a "Fail Day" into my cyclical routine. But then, I would have 2 Fail Days, and so on and so forth. We have Karate after school or I would!!! xoxo

      Delete
  3. The guilt is automatic im sure. And for crying out loud stop trying to plan out if u should have a fail day...lol
    If you have one then so be it, it is what it is. Now im beginning to understand what side of the family my being in control needs comes from. Sometimes for our sainity we have to let things happen as they may. Just breathe and look the other way. Trust me i know its not easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blah blah blah....ok then plan to play mw3 online tonight! My character gets plenty of running and exercising......I'll prob come by Thursday! Lol...PS. apb elf is missing in action!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My post says 7:51 am and yours 6:46am......no way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... Maybe I need to adjust the time on here because we BOTh know DARN well I wasn't up at 6:46am. HA!

      Delete