Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 26 - Time Warp to BHS 1990


BHS.
1990.
Volleyball.
State Championship.

The only differences:
An extra 40lbs.
It's 2012.
We were in my living room.
We are on different teams.

That's me and the BFF in the blurry photo. Her daughter Jenna took it for us. Beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

We decided to use the X-Box Kinect to take back twenty tonight. The game of choice: Volleyball. You see, we played together back in high school. We placed 2nd in State in 1990, so this match got a little heated. She won the first match, I won the second match and the tiebreaker went into quadruple overtime. Final match score: 9-7 Winner: J.V.

I have to admit, I was skeptical and didn't think I would get a good enough workout. Well, let me tell you otherwise...the sweat was dripping from every possible sweat gland on my body. Thinking this might become my workout of choice...at least two or three times a week. In fact, we ended up taking back between 25-30 because we couldn't beat each other.

Tonight was a fun twenty. We all need a little fun in our lives. Doing the same thing every night would bore me, which is why this seems to be working. In 26 days I've had 2 rest days and 1 fail day, which I'm hereby declaring "an unscheduled rest day," and going forward will be known as "PMS DAY" No one knows when this day will come. It will lurk in the shadows, skulking behind you and when you least expect it...... BAM! Kind of like real life PMS. Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. I am so honored to be "blogged" about. I feel a little famous...now that was a GREAT workout with the bestest of friends! Like music and dance central but have no rhythm so sports was perfect. Keep up the workouts and blogs. I look forward to reading daily :) LOL

    ReplyDelete