Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 59 - Our Big Fight

So Charlie and I had an argument tonight as I finished my last set of 80 Kitchen Counter Push-Ups. Instead of me going to the gym to do my treadmill, he suggested that we go on a walk together. YAY!!! And it only took 59 days.

When I walk around the neighborhood, I generally walk a huge block within our neighborhood ...it's almost a mile all the way around.

Well, Charlie wanted to walk straight out of our neighborhood, down the road another half mile, and then walk back. This was our argument. With the exceptions of early mornings and the times when he is driving my car while I sit in the passenger's seat, this is as heated as it gets around here.

Clearly he doesn't understand Taking Back Twenty. My time, my game and my rules.

I'm not mean.... really. A little bossy at times, but never mean. My point for wanting to stay close was the fact that we were leaving Charlie and Sierra at home alone (7yrs and 16yrs) and if I were to get an emergency call, I wouldn't want to be a mile and a half up the road. By walking the mile block, I could be home in 45 seconds flat, running full speed from the furthest distance.

I'm not sure what his argument was, but I'm sure mine made more sense.  We walked around the block twice: 30 minutes total.

Thank you for joining me on my Twenty, Babe!! xoxo

Photo: I tried to get a picture of him before the walk, but he ran out the door before I could get it. Literally. You can see his foot at a wonky angle and an arm pushing off of the wall.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I have to agree with you on that one. Sometimes since it is our instinct men just don't think about certain things. And I knew you would win before I was done with the post. Cause well we are related somewhat..so I think even if just by association we might as well have the same blood, cause I can see Susan having the same ordeal happen LOL :)

    ReplyDelete