Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 49 - Big Fat & Juicy

Wow. Now THIS is something new. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with all of the physical activity I've incorporated into my life, but I'm thinking it might. After taking my "twenty" (which is now "50") on the treadmill watching McDreamy throw the Chief under the bus in an attempt to take his job, Charlie and I made plans to meet some of our best friends for dinner at Gator's Dockside out by USF. Did I order a salad and vegetables? Heck no!! I ordered the fattest, juiciest BBQ Bacon Burger on the menu. However, when the lady started listing my choices for side items, I should have stopped her at fries, because when she got to "veggies," my conscience kicked in and I couldn't very well order the fries knowing that veggies was an option. So, I got my burger and chased it with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and squash.

I ate half of the burger at the restaurant and finished the rest at 10pm that night. Normally, when I eat something of this magnitude, I wake up feeling bloated and literally 3-5 pounds heavier...water retention I'm sure. This time, however, I woke up and weighed myself only to find that I was the exact same weight (to the tenth) as I was the day before.

Does this mean I'm going to start eating big fat & juicy burgers all the time? Nope. But, it sure does feel good to be able to do it once in a while without the guilt that I would normally carry with me the next day. The guilt that would then begin the cycle of failure, which would lead to more burgers and less exercise. Not going down THAT road again.

Photo: Not my photo. Found using google search. It IS, however, the big fat & juicy burger that I ate.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work LeighAnn! My motto is "You don't have eat Perfect, just try and eat Better." My life has become about finding the right balance to enjoy life. Eating healthy while not feeling deprived is an everyday challenge, but I think it gets easier the more you practice it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about it getting easier in time. It's a tough process to get through, the the payoff is immeasurable. Well, technically, it's VERY measurable, but the feelings and benefits are still immeasurable. Thanks for the comment!!

      Delete