Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 48 - The Arrival

It has arrived.
Day 48.
The day of the invalidated excuse.

Today I spent a good part of the day sorting through receipts, e-mails and bank statements preparing things for my tax accountant (Mr. Joe Pitcher, for those of you looking for an awesome accountant).

Unfortunately, the feeling of relief that I felt as I entered the final document did not last long. I decided to check my voicemail from the day before, only to hear a message from a realtor who wanted to show my house in 3 hours. Wha???? So now, instead of spending the next 3 hours resting my eyes and brain, I spent it running from room to room, cleaning up all of the messes in the house, scrubbing toilets and sinks, vacuuming and mopping floors, etc. It lasted for a good 2 hours, and I was sweating.

Technically I could have claimed this time as my "twenty," but I didn't. I had a fully acceptable excuse NOT to go to the gym, but I didn't use it. I set the excuse aside, grabbed the iPad and my headphones and headed out the door. (Photo of McSteamy, my Grey's Anatomy workout buddy)

I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment