Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 34 - 6oz Biceps Curls with The Tres Hermanas

My "twenty" today was spent with my sisters, Carol and Tracey. We decided to meet at a restaurant/bar in my old hometown and hung out with the band while they played some great covers. While we were there, we ran into a couple of old friends, Shannon K. and Brock S. - Funny story...When we got there, Tracey got a text from Brock S. that said, "I'm watching you." This gave me an idea when I spotted Shannon before he saw me. I sneaked up behind him, snapped his picture, went back to where we were sitting and then sent him a text of the picture. OMG - it was hilarious. He freaked a little and we watched for a while as his paranoia kicked in while he scanned the room for whomever took the picture. Good times. I haven't seen those kids in a few years....loved catching up.

So, anyways, back to my "twenty." When we were young, we didn't get along very well. We had our moments, but mostly it was stealing each others clothes, wrestling down the hallway, throwing brushes at each other or ratting each other out. Carol is the oldest and would be most likely labeled the care taker....the conscience. Tracey is the youngest and she's spoiled rotten. Always has been, always will be. I'm the middle kid with your typical "middle kid syndrome." Thinking about our very different personalities, it reminds me of Freud's Theory of the Personality. (i.e. the id, the ego and the super-ego). We each represent one of these.

Tracey would be the "Id" - the personality component made up of unconscious psychic energy that works to satisfy basic urges, needs, and desires. The id operates based on the pleasure principle, which demands immediate gratification of needs.

I would be the "Ego" - part of personality that mediates the demands of the id, the superego and reality. The ego prevents us from acting on our basic urges (created by the id), but also works to achieve a balance with our moral and idealistic standards (created by the superego)...best represented by my own personal "Decision Making Flow Chart"

Carol would be the "Super-Ego" - the component of personality composed of our internalized ideals that we have acquired from our parents and from society. The superego works to suppress the urges of the id and tries to make the ego behave morally, rather than realistically.

So, together, we are able to stay in complete balance. For this, I am grateful. I love my sisters and they love me. Thanks for the "Twenty."


2 comments:

  1. And what a difficult job it is...
    Love, The Super Ego !! xoxo

    ReplyDelete