Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 43 - Alligator Headache

What a fantastic weekend. Celebrating my in-law's 50th wedding anniversary and getting to hang out with all of the people that we don't get to see enough of throughout the year.... *sigh*

The day started out slow... had to go through the recovery process after partying like rock stars the night before. Watched the original subtitled "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" then headed out to The Florida Aquarium with the entire family. LOVE that place...except for those darn alligators. I walked up behind all the kids to see what they were so interested in. I poked my head through the wall of cousins and WHAM!! Gator eyeballs two feet away....looking right at me. My heart skipped a beat then nearly jumped out of my chest. My skin got really hot and then tingly and my head started pounding. I'm not too fond of alligators, as some of you may know. That headache lingered for a couple of hours...

I have to give a shout out to my sister-in-law, Mary, for stepping up to the plate and joining me on my "twenty" - Although it was short lived, we managed to squeeze in a brisk 10 minute walk around the neighborhood and then returned to do 50 kitchen counter push-ups. When questioned about what I was doing, my other sister-in-law, Carrie, explained that they were my "kitchen counter push-ups." She reads my blog!! Yay. Feels good to share and know that people are reading!! Finished off the weekend with some yumalicious pasta with cappicola meatballs at Aunt Toni's!!! We've been eating low-carb in our house for months, so it was hard not to slip into a carbohydrate coma.

Gonna miss that bunch. Hoping to get together again this summer sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment