Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 40 - Seasonal Mood Disorder?

I am so thankful that I took advantage of yesterday's gorgeous weather and enjoyed a little sun bathing at our community pool because today's weather was cloudy and cold. I hate days like that...I tend to let the weather dictate my mood and energy levels, I believe they call it "Seasonal Mood Disorder." That's something else that bothers me. Why does everything have to be labeled as a "disorder" or "syndrome?" I'm sure there's a medical reason for it, but I believe that labeling someone with a disorder or syndrome strips them of their power to change. Not to mention, gives them a reason to start collecting Social Security Disability benefits. Don't get me started on THAT one.

I spent a couple years working in the HR department at GTE/Verizon and I have never seen so much abuse of FMLA and Disability Benefits. It would burn me up to have someone come bee-bopping over to my desk, smiling and waving at all of their friends as they bounced past them, then tell me that they have a migraine and have to go home under protected FMLA time... Now, I've had a migraine. It's hard to see or even walk when you have a migraine. Abuse, I tell ya! Disgusting. They're going to ruin it for those who are truly disabled.

I feel better now. Oh, the tangents that my brain drifts off into. I wonder if THAT's a disability? HA!!

So, on a more positive note, I'm loving the Netflix + iPad + Free WiFi + Grey's Anatomy + Treadmill combo because it equals 50 minutes of quality "me" time at the gym...sweating. Plus, I'm down another pound this morning. That's 4 total in 40 days. I believe I may be onto something.

Photo is of the beautiful sunset that tempted me to sit and watch it instead of heading inside the gym this evening. It was so colorful...much more colorful than what I was able to capture here. I'll try to get a better shot tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment