Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 38 - Flossing Failure

I never thought it was possible. I walked for 50 minutes without batting an eyelash this afternoon, thanks to my secret Netflix donor. I used to dread 15 minutes...now I am pushing an hour. Yay me!

I took Superbowl Sunday off, then had my time stolen from me yesterday....so I was in a really bad place psychologically when I woke up this morning. I knew I had a busy day and feared another failed day. No more!! The lesson that I've learned so far is that if you have an opportunity in the morning to take back twenty, you need to take it. Yes, there are 500 other things that "could" be done, but you are more important than those things. Yeah - I trumped laundry today. Booya! I'm looking forward to the day when I trump the dishes.

If you're on my Facebook as a "Friend" (http://www.facebook.com/SoulSearchPhotography) then you might know that I went to the dentist this morning. As much as I LOVE my teddy bear dentist (pictured above - Dr. Michael Collins in Tampa - ask for 'Debbie' to be your hygienist. She's awesome!), I loath the disappointing "Your teeth look great...no work for me here!" That's his nice way of saying, "Your gums could use some attention." You see, I floss like I used to work out................... yeah. I said it. I had no cavities for 21 years.... until I got pregnant. Then I got 4 in one appointment, and haven't had another one since. I suppose the Taco Bell Burrito Supremes and the Burger King Chicken Sandwiches weren't giving me adequate calcium. I just hate to floss, and they know it. It's all good. I just pay an extra $88 a year for a third yearly cleaning. I suppose it would be cheaper to buy floss, but I really wouldn't know. That was just Charlie's opinion when he saw the receipt on the counter tonight....meant to hide that one. Ooops.

Are you Taking Back Twenty? or Thirty? or Forty? Please leave me a comment letting me know if this is helping you. If you don't, I may just start blogging about flossing my teeth.

1 comment:

  1. No you wont blog about your lack of desire to floss. Your not boring, I dont think you could. Iam on Week 3 of P90X and still going. Funny I still find myself looking for a twenty here and there even knowing I will be "Bringing It" after dinner. I have lost about 11 lbs total(I was doing the Taking back twenty 2 weeks before the P90X) So its not all from one or the other. But I do know I have lost at least 5 with both separately. Kudos to you and your family that sometime follow. You are correct in saying your children see and hear it all.

    ReplyDelete