Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 35 - Your Children Will Become You

The BFF and I took our families to the Monster Truck Show tonight. As we were about to enter the complex, we were faced with the decision of either standing in line to go up the escalator or walk up the 30 degree incline ramp. What came out of my son's mouth next just about blew my mind. Lil Charlie, for those who don't know him, is my 7 year old son. He is a video game master who hates sweating, team sports, and being outdoors in general. Well, as we approached the complex, Lil Charlie says, and I quote, "Let's take the ramp so we can get our exercise." OMG. It makes me want to cry right now, just thinking about it. This is profound. If any of you reading this think that your kids aren't paying attention to the things that you do and say, think again. Your children will become you. Be who you want them to be. (A modification of my favorite quote from Mahatma Gandhi "Be the change that you want to see in the world).

There was our answer. Little did I know JUST how far of a walk it was. Each lap around was about half the size of a standard track. Add on the 7 layers of ramp and I'd say it was at least a mile walk all the way to the top...at a 30 degree incline, I might add....with 4 kids. I'm sure you can imagine the kids reactions when we got to the top and then turned around to tell then that we now have to walk back down. HA!! They were pissed!

We eventually made our way back down, crossed over to the other side, and then decided to hop on the escalator this time. Ahhhhh...

The show was great. I want to be a Monster Truck Driver!!!

Photo taken from THIS blog page.

No comments:

Post a Comment