Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 45 - AM Adrenaline Rush

Got a call from Charlie's elementary school this morning - they were desperate for someone to come in to sub for a Kindergarten teacher who had called out sick. I love kindergarten. They're huggers. They are always so sweet. Plus, Lil C loves when I sub at his school. He gets to go hang out with the office workers and they all adore him...so he gets extra special treatment.

Well, it was an easy breezy morning as the children came in and got started on their morning work. Suddenly, I look up to see a little girl standing at the door with a terrified look on her face. I think I actually jumped over a table and a couple of children when I realized what was going on. Her little ring finger was caught in the heavy steel door...and not where the door handle meets the door frame, her little finger was caught in the hing part. OOOOOOMMMMGGGGG!!! I opened the door and hugged her tight until she calmed a bit then looked at her finger and there was a dent in it that was so deep that her finger was half the diameter of her normal size. I thought for sure it was fractured.

We got her to the clinic and they called her mom. An hour later, I took to class to their PE class and walked back to the clinic to check on her. Her mom was there with her and I introduced myself. Her finger seemed to be ok, but she was still crying. I watched as her mom explained to her that if she came home, she couldn't participate in any after school activities. Wow. I thought I was the only mean mom who had that rule. Good to know!

It turned out to be a pretty fun day, except the fact that it was Valentine's Day and by 2pm the kids were all hopped up on sugar and bouncing off the walls. There were several subs there that day. Makes me wonder if the teacher absences weren't strategically planned. Hmmmmm.

Finally got home, had to speed clean the house for an early showing of my house, take Lil C to Karate, go visit the BFF for a spell, then finally made it home about 8pm...so no time for my twenty, but my valentines more than made up for that fact. Plus I restricted myself to only ONE Peanut M&M. It's all good. Getting my sweat back on tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment