Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 42 - The 50 Year Anniversary

Seriously. 50 years. I don't know what their secret is, but I plan to be there in 41 years...or is it 42??? What gets me is the the 7 years that Charlie and I were together BEFORE we got married. We earned those years, darn it.

So, today was a rest day...not planned in advance, but a rest day none the less. I woke early and then headed out to the University of Tampa for a Photography class field trip. It was fun, but I didn't really learn anything other than the fact that if you go to the concrete amphitheater in downtown Tampa and stand in this one particular square, the audio echo when you speak comes back - directly into your ears like you have headphones on and you can hear yourself speaking. It's wild. One step to the left, and it doesn't work. It was very cool.

After class, I had to rush home & clean the house to show it for a Realtor that was coming by at 2:45p, then we headed straight up to the clubhouse to start decorating for my In-Law's 50th Wedding Anniversary party. That lasted into the wee hours of the night, of course, leaving no time to take back my twenty. Today, however, I didn't mind. It was a fabulous day all around. Good times with good people and good wine. Cheers, all.

Photo is of the Bride (Meme) and Groom (Papa). Meme with my Lil C and Papa letting a young Sierra play beauty parlor with what was left of his hair while we vacationed in North Carolina. Priceless. Love my life.

1 comment:

  1. It was a lovely evening - we are certainly blessed with a wonderful, loving family.

    Thanks for everything that you and Charlie did to make it so memorable.

    ReplyDelete