Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 37 - One Text Message

What does it take to throw your entire day off and eliminate your chances of taking back twenty?

One text message.

"Mom - I left my winter guard stuff at home, can you please bring it to me at 10:30?"

How can this happen??? Not giving myself options is how this can happen. My day was completely filled today, with the exception of the time between 10:00a - 11:00a, when I had planned to stroll up to the gym before heading into work. I spent the morning getting Lil C ready for school, then had some catch-up work to do before showering and getting ready to go substitute at the Elementary School at noon.

I was at the Elementary School until around 4:30p, came home to feed Lil C and finish my homework before class tonight, then had to GO to class tonight. In all fairness, though, Sierra works SOOOOooo hard in Winterguard and Band, takes Honors and AP classes, makes good grades and stays out of trouble. She's the BEST DAUGHTER EVER and I would do anything for her!!

.
.
.

 This was it...my moment of truth. We all have these moments...the moment when you decide whether you are going to accept your fate or write your own story. I stood at the kitchen counter, phone to my ear, Big C on the other line. He's on his way home. I can't leave until he gets there to watch Lil C.

Five Minutes. That is what I had to work with. No sweat. In 5 minutes time, I was able to hammer out 60 Kitchen Counter Push-Ups and 30 Kitchen Counter Squats....in sets of 20/10 respectively. Heart was pounding. Good stuff.

I still feel cheated, though, so I'm going to take it back tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment