Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 39 - Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem is becoming a staple in my quest for Twenty. It is too easy to allow other things and other people dictate your time. Today, I walked outside to get the mail and noticed how absolutely gorgeous the day was.

It's the heart of winter here in Florida, yet the skies were a deep blue, hardly a cloud in the sky, my palm trees were whispering in the breeze and the warm sun caressed my skin...80 degrees of pure heaven. Its almost poetic. So, I marched back inside, pulled out my bathing suit and headed up to our community pool. I spent a good hour and a half soaking in the suns rays, hoping that my nearly translucent skin would once again glow with color.

That is exactly what I needed. I am now more energized and ready to take on the world. Not to mention that I'm down 3 pounds in 38 days. I used to do fad diets and be able to lose 10 pounds in a week, but it turns out that was just water weight because it would come back right away once I hopped off the diet. These three pounds are gone and I will not take them back.

If you feel the need to take some "Me" time...I say, Carpe Diem. Don't let the world dictate your schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment