Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Days 128 - 130 : **CENSORED**

I lied. Maybe THIS will be my last combo-day-post. Read through to the end and you may understand why.

I alternated between lots of editing on Monday and Tuesday with sets of 20 kitchen counter push-ups because I'm not allowed to do the treadmill for another couple of days. These are getting old and my arms are starting to hurt. However, after racking up 140 of them in an 8 hour period for 3 days in a row, the jiggle is gone and my pits are more defined... LOVE IT!!

I am starting to have treadmill withdrawals, and I can't wait to get started back on Season 7 of Grey's anatomy. I have the entire current season recorded on my DVR and it's clogging up my storage. Ugh!!!

I'm opening up a little here, in hopes of getting my mojo back. I've been having an internal conflict with my writing. I feel like I've been censored, so to speak, and it doesn't feel good. Earlier this year, I posted about some kids at **censored** where I was working and someone complained. How in the world this became an issue, I DO have an idea, but "as an employee of **censored**" it was inappropriate to post and I was advised of this a couple of weeks ago when it was brought to my attention. I didn't name names in the post, and I thought that they were funny and light-hearted. However, writing about the happenings at **censored** was enough to cause a stir. I totally understand the reasoning behind the complaint, and gladly agreed to remove the posts, but it's still a bit disheartening. What does this mean for you? No more blogs about unnamed kids at **censored**. I'll wait here while you go get a tissue. *sniff*

In writing this blog, I try to bring joy and motivation, humor and the occasional useful tool to people who are struggling with balancing the daily issues of life. Through my Facebook page, I see posts by friends who are living the high life, jet-setting around the world, friends who have to choose between paying a utility bill or buying groceries, friends who are going through Chemotherapy and having mastectomies, friends who are living in countries where they are oppressed and living in a police state, friends who are single parents and then friends like me...who are somewhere in the middle of the road, doing the best that we can with what we have.

What does all of this mean?

It means that in the grand scheme of life, this situation is simply a ridiculous blip on the radar and that **censored** might benefit from re-evaluating where and how they spend their time and energy, possibly making a shift to focusing on the positive things in life and making the world a better place as opposed to **censored****censored**.

And with that being said, I'm back.

Photo: Me.




1 comment: