Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 140 - Second to Last Prom

No time for exercise today. Well, I COULD have, but I just didn't want to. Today was filled with getting Sierra ready for her Prom tonight. I have to give shout out's to Aunt Rhonda for taking Sierra shopping to get her jewelry and shoes, and to Michelle for doing her hair.

She looked like a movie star... It feels like it was just yesterday that she was playing Pretty Pretty Princess with her step dad...and now she looks like a beautiful young woman.
At least once a week, she will crawl up onto my lap and demand my undivided attention. Although it was physically less painful when she was 3 feet tall and 40lbs, it is much more rewarding now.

I hear so many stories about kids and parents relationships falling apart through the teenage years, and I feel blessed that we have never had to go through anything like that.

She's my pride and joy and it makes me a little emotional to think she'll be off to college after next year. She's not going far and I know I will see her often... but I will be outnumbered by the Charlies, and life as we know it will change forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment