Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Days 121-125 : Wacky Week

This should be my last "group post" - I hereby promise to my awesome readers to try to post something everyday again....even if it's just a photo of my feet. I'm stuck at 11 lbs down, but I guess that's better than 11 lbs heavier.

While I increased the length of my workouts, I also decreased the frequency of workouts...going from 5-6 days a week doing 20-30 minutes, down to 3-4 days a week doing 45 minutes. There is definitely something to be said about that.

My Wacky Week:

Monday: Started packing some more today. I hit all of the high stuff today. I think I climbed up and down my step ladder 50 times today...hands free. Definitely got a leg workout there, and all of the reaching, lifting, squatting, etc...I think I burned more calories than I would have on a treadmill. It was a great day, though. Lots accomplished...


Tuesday: Early morning Award ceremony for Lil C. He's in 1st grade and was one of 11 kids chosen out of his entire school of 800 students to receive the award for leadership, community awareness, grades, and a few other measurements. So proud of him. He can be such a terd at home. When I first received the notice that he was chosen to represent the school, I had to message his teacher to be sure there wasn't a mistake. No mistake. Turns out, he's a gem of a student at school...wish he would bring that kid home sometimes. Ha!

Wednesday: Had to spend the entire morning speed cleaning because we had a home inspection AND an appraisal that were coming today. No time for me during the day, so I made sure to hit the gym once Daddy got home. My daughter joined me this time. I'm hoping that she will continue to join me. Even though we're both watching our shows on the iPads, it's nice to know that she's right there next to me. She'll be packing up to go to college this time next year. Kinda makes me sad, but she won't be too far.



Thursday: Spent 6 hours shooting a banker's convention at Saddlebrook Resort & Spa. Thank goodness the time was broken up into 3 hour sessions, one session in the morning and the other in the evening. Now, while I consider myself to be fairly intelligent, I was humbled at this event. I understood approximately 40% of the words that were spoken. Clearly, I don't do finance. I mean, seriously, check out the frontal lobe on this guy. While I didn't make it to the gym today, I probably did 50-60 squats as I skulked around the convention getting shots without being noticed.

Friday: Got stuck with a needle about 30 times in the back of my legs. I bought a GROUPON for a $99 Sclerotherapy session. CLICK HERE to see a video clip of it. It wasn't too painful, but I have to wear these hideous medical grade compression hose on my legs for a week, plus no treadmill. I'm going to focus on upper body while my legs heal. Wrapped up the week watching my BFF's son perform with a local theater group (Arts in Motion - Pasco). What a great show!! Hope to go see the older kids perform "Grease" on Sunday.


Saturday: Drove into Tampa to watch my daughter's school's Band (Wind Ensemble) perform in their State Competition. Wow. I am in awe of people who are musically gifted. I've never understood music, couldn't grasp the concept. CLICK HERE to see one of their performances. While the sound quality on my cell phone stinks, they received two "Excellent" grades and one "Superior" - Well done, WRHS. Wrapped up the afternoon and evening at a Cinco de Mayo party at the house of a family who takes in wounded wild animals. The had lemurs, a bald eagle with one broken wing, wild boars, geese, opossums, rabbits, baby key deer, and a few others. They are all kept in very large cages and are surrounded by woods...a very natural habitat.

Stay tuned for a weeks worth of creative upper body workouts!!






No comments:

Post a Comment