Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Days 68 and 69 - The Leper

My first double post. These two days ran together for me. I haven't been off the couch for 2 nights and 3 days unless it was to use the restroom or get some water. Slept there day and night since Wednesday night. Normally, when I get sick, Charlie gives me the bed and he takes up residence upstairs so he doesn't get sick. This time, I just so happened to be on the couch when I fell ill, and I never moved.

When we first lived together and he did this for the first time, I was totally offended. Now, I get it. In the almost 15 years that we have been together, he has been sick, maybe 5 times. I get something every 1-2 years. He also does everything he can to keep the kids away from me. One phenomenon in our house is when I'm lying on the couch, it creates a gravitational pull and the kids always end up on top of and all around me. Dad manages to stay on top of it and yell at the kids to get off of the leper, but they sneak in every once in a while when Dad's not looking.

Just for a little entertainment, as Big C (Daddy) was getting ready to head out to he gun range, I picked up his ear muffs and coughed on them, then turned them over and coughed on them again, then opened them up and coughed on them. He freaked. It took him a few minutes to find the Lysol and spray them down to get all of the germs off. Hey, I have been on the couch for 2 days. I needed a good laugh.


Image from: http://lowimmunesystem.org/how-to-prevent-your-body-from-infections/

No comments:

Post a Comment