Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 86 - The Big Bad Wolf

I let the acrylic on my big toes grow out for an entire month longer than they are supposed to, and my Two Little Piggies started looking like the Big Bad Wolf. After my Mini-Pedi, I was going to go hit the gym before Lil C got home from school, but I didn't want to mess up my shiny new nubs, so I waited.

Instead, I dove head first into my editing. I have two sessions to edit this week... it's probably going to take me a few hours to finish each batch. Thankfully, I was able to fix dinner in the gaps between editing batches while the images uploaded to my editing software. I'm a great multi-tasker. Some might say that I'm borderline ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder). There is a VERY THIN line between the two, you know? If you are a multi-tasker who can't seem to get anything done, you're not a multi-tasker. You have ADD. On the flip side, if you have been diagnosed with ADD, yet have a knack for getting a lot of things done in a day, you don't have ADD. You're a master multi-tasker.

OK - I'm bored with this now.  ADD? Who cares. If so, I don't want any meds. Life would be one big bore if I had to focus on any one thing for more than 15 minutes.

Thank goodness for Grey's Anatomy episodes on Netflix...that's the only thing that keeps me on the treadmill for 45 minutes. Two days in a row...that's 400 calories: gone. If I keep this up, I may actually start losing again. It seems like I've been stuck at 8 lbs for weeks...until yesterday...but then again, I've been wussing out more than normal too. Do you think the two are correlated? Hmmmm.

Check out this calculator to see how many calories you burn in a day (it's a general idea...not exact): http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/calories-burned.php

There's no trick or secret code, people. Less in + More out = Weight Loss

My magic number is 2140. I burn 2140 calories just during my daily routine.
Scientifically speaking, a human must burn 3500 calories to lose 1 lb of fat.
If I eat 2140 calories each day, plus burn an extra 200 calories a day (which I do by walking for 45 minutes), it will take me 17.5 days to lose 1 lb. (200 x 17.5 = 3500)
HOWEVER.....if I reduce my caloric intake to 1840, plus burn the additional 200 calories, that puts me at a total deficit of 500 calories per day which means it would only take me 7 days to lose that same 1 lb. (500 x 7 = 3500).

That's a 300 calorie difference. Do you know what has 300 calories? One single serving of Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies. No joke. It's a very delicate process. Peace out - brain is tired... took much thinking about one particular thing.


2 comments:

  1. Love your posts. And how your brain works that is why we are so compatible BFF. You are just right the way you are! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too!! Thanks for the comments. It helps keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete