Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 63 - Guard & Ambush

What a crazy busy day. Spent four hours cleaning my house so a realtor could bring his clients in for 10 minutes. Ugh. Then had to drive to Pinellas County to help chaperone Sierra's Winter Guard competition. It's insane the amount of preparation that goes into a 3 minute performance. We were there for 6 hours. No joke.

Grabbed some Chinese take-out on the way home. Probably not the best choice, but I was tired and famished. Finally made it back home, a hot mess from sitting in the sun and blustery wind for several hours in long sleeves and jeans. I really need to check the weather channel next time.

Here it is. My moment of truth.

I've been missing the BFF lately because our schedules have been off track. I had the opportunity to throw on my sweats and tennis shoes and head up to the gym, but instead, I decided to call the BFF and invite her over. She was out to dinner with a few other people so I told her to "bring the gang." That gang turned out to be a small army of 6 adults and 6 kids. I love impromptu parties with cool people.

I'm starting to feel the guilt of not working out for 2 days in a row, but I needed that mental break more. Taking care of your body is important, but taking care of your mind trumps everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment