Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 72 - BFFs & Sweaty Chocolate Cake

Oh yeah. Today was a rebirth. After getting hit with that super-bug last week and into the weekend, it felt GREAT to wake-up today feeling 95% well. The BFF took the day off so I grabbed the rest of my Birthday money and we hit the Hard Rock circuit in the morning.

We love poker. She's better than I am. She's rock solid. Poker is an endurance game, but not in the sense that you might normally hear the word "endurance." It's more of an emotional and psychological endurance.... especially after sitting at a table for 3 hours.

I came home in time to get the house cleaned, get Lil C from the bus stop, fix dinner and hit the gym.

It was good to get back into the gym....flipped on the iPad and caught up on Grey's Anatomy. I'm almost through with Season 6...it's getting better as the season goes on. I started sweating and I swear I tasted chocolate cake. (That was for you, Matt). I am actually starting to enjoy the heat and the sweat. I get hot, and then I sweat, and then I get cool again. It's becoming a cleansing ritual...like a shower from the inside out... only, you need another shower afterwards. While I was walking, I noticed this big football player sized guy next to me. He was plugging away...just like me...watching his own show on his teenie weenie iPhone. I felt bad for him. He must be reading my blog. Hahaha. Wouldn't THAT be funny!

Photo: Me and the BFF - Circa 1990

2 comments:

  1. I only got in 25 and 100 sit ups but yesterday was a great day. Looking forward to the weekend. We can do sprints...better yet bring your kinect sports and we can box and play volleyball. That will be a fun workout! Thanks for going at spur of moment yesterday. Got my fill :) of poker. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!! With as much as you work and hauling kids around, getting in those 25 minutes and 100 sit-ups in after cooking and cleaning is a miracle in my eyes. I don't know how you do it all.

      Delete