Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 75 - Golf




I haven't played golf in months, so shooting a 117 wasn't too shabby for me.

For the past 3 years, my mother has always arrived before everyone else and picked up the tab. Well, today, I arrived before SHE did, so I took the opportunity to pay for her round of golf today. It's the least I could do to try and make up for the past 3 years of free golf. So, the man behind the counter pushed a few buttons on a register and said, "That will be $84.00."

<<<<<insert GASP>>>>>

WTH???  I was committed by this point. What could I do? Nothing - which is exactly what I did. Swiped the card and played some golf. I hope Charlie doesn't pay this much when HE plays golf.

Plus - they charge $42 per person and they don't allow you to bring your own liquor??? Thank God my mother knows how to break a few rules. She showed up with a bottle of Goldschlager hidden in her golf bag. I love her. She rocks.

My Twenty today? 18 holes of Golf and a sunburn. As crappy as I shot, I'm sure I walked a good 2-3 miles...and definitely got a nice farmer's tan in the process. I lost 3 balls and par'd once. I also woke up another 2 pounds lighter than I was two days ago. Booyah!

Have a great weekend, peeps. Headed to Lake City for some R&R and I'm sure I'll be shooting one of Charlie's new guns out in the cow pasture. Photos and blogs to come.

1 comment: