Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 65 - Squeezed It In

For those of you following me on Facebook, you might already know that I have been taking a Photography class at USF. I already have a Bachelor degree in Business Management, so I am toying with the idea of going back for a MFA (Masters of Fine Arts) in Photography.

Tonight was my last night of class for the course I'm in and so I spent 8 hours today putting together my project which counted as my Final Exam. I'm pretty sure I nailed it. I didn't learn much in this class. It was geared for those who are just getting started in Photography. I learned more from the side conversations with the professor than I did from the content of the class, so it wasn't a total waste of money.

If you've been following my blog, you might be wondering why I haven't "really" exercised in 3 days. If you're reading this blog to help motivate you, then I am very sorry to have failed you this weekend. It's all part of the cycle. When you declare that you are "on a wagon," it is only natural to eventually fall off that wagon. The only reason I am not going to allow this failure of a weekend to completely sabotage my plan is because I have removed myself enough to be able to see the big picture. In a 366 day year, what's 3 days? It's .008 to be exact. A mere blip on the radar. To put it into even greater perspective, if I were to commit to a 5 year plan, those 3 days would represent .001. I love Math.

Here is the equation I am testing in 2012:

Less Calories In + More Sweat Out = Pulling My Skinny Jeans Out Of Storage

After getting Lil C to the neighbors for a ride to his Cub Scouts meeting, I had 45 minutes before I had to leave for class. Normally, if I don't have a 30 minute cushion in between things I have to do, then I generally avoid doing them or put them off until the next day. Same goes for exercise. Not today, though.

Once I dropped Lil C off at the neighbors, I threw on my sweats & tennis shoes, grabbed a change of clothes, deodorant and my Final Exam project for class and then headed to the gym. It was going to be a tight race, but I was able to walk for 40 minutes while finishing one of my Grey's Anatomy episodes, then sprinted to the clubhouse bathroom to change and went straight to class. I "squeezed it in."

My apologies to the girl sitting next to me. Unfortunately for you, my exercise is more important than your olfactory senses.

Photo: My drive into class tonight... directly into the sun.

.


2 comments:

  1. Gotta love math especially when it's in your favor! Thanks again for putting things into perspective! Love it <3

    ReplyDelete