Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 85 - Hunger Pangs

Enjoyed a nice lazy Sunday morning, thanks to our extremely late night last night. I feel like I have been wussing out on my workouts lately, so the 1 lb loss this morning was a very nice surprise. I decided to measure myself again and discovered another 1/2 in loss on my neck and on my arms. This is one more reason to not beat yourself up over not working out for a couple of days when you know that you should have. That was my goal when I started this little venture. It was MY time and I would do the best that I could to take back what I needed to both stay sane and reduce my waistline.

I do miss the times when I could lose 10 lbs in a week, but that never lasted more than a few months, always resulting in a return of the lost weight and then some. I'm finding that it's a very delicate balance, and by slightly adjusting what you eat along with slightly adjusting what you do physically, you can lose weight. I'm down 9 lbs total in 85 days and I haven't been over exerting myself by any stretch of the imagination. Changing that tomorrow.

On the food front, I've started a slow and gradual decrease in processed foods and increase in whole, GMO-free foods...focusing on the things that we use on a daily basis. So far, I've replaced Lil C's chicken nuggets and corn dogs with turkey sandwiches, apples sauce, bananas and yogurt. I've eliminated soda, corn oil and Splenda and replaced it with water, grape seed oil and raw agave sweetner, respectively. I used to drink a 2 litre of soda every day...it took me 3 months to break myself of that habit. I tried switching Lil Charlie's cereal, but I made the mistake of letting him see the box. Lesson learned!! Thanks to Aunt Rhonda, I'll be mixing it with our remaining "Cinnamon Toast Crunch" cereal and then eventually completely replacing it in an old "Cinnamon Toast Crunch" box...stay tuned for whether that works or not. Fingers crossed. Going at it slowly, I have yet to see an increase in our grocery bill.

This afternoon, I joined the gang for a matinee movie: Hunger Games. I haven't read the book yet, but after seeing this movie, it is definitely on my list of books to read this year. It had some bloody violence, but it was survival violence, which I view differently than evil violence.

I brought the sippy cup with me and taught my new friends a very valuable lesson in sanity preservation. I learned from the master. She knows who she is.

Hope you all have a wonderful week. Thank you so much for reading. I wish you would leave me more comments. {o.O}


2 comments:

  1. I can imagine what you took with you to the movies! LOL ...I am so proud of your 9 ib total! And the fact that you have taken out processed foods to do it! I wish I could do this in my family....they wouldn't know what toi do without frozen pizza - that's for sure! I wonder if homemade pizzas could be as quick and cheap as the way it is now???? I am going to look into that. Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! Here's how we make pizza: Take a "Carb Balance" flour tortilla and put it in the oven...directly on the rack. Once it's stiff and toasty, remove it, spread on pizza sauce, add pepperoni and cheese (or whatever else you want) and there you have it. One tortilla feeds one person, but when I get really hungry, I make a double decker!! Yum!!

      The Carb Balance tortilla's aren't GMO free, but I'm making my changes slowly and they are on my list of things to swap out soon.

      Delete