Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 84 - Midnight Madness

Two photoshoots today. One at 9am and one at 11:30am, then had to clean the house because we were having a party this evening. However, before the party, we headed out to a 50's style sock hop to help raise money for a local kids theater group. I've been trying to talk Lil C into joining, although he really doesn't have any time in his schedule. He refuses. No way, no how, he says.

While at the sock-hop, he was hula hooping like a rock-star...swingin' his arms and shakin' his rump in front of what was probably an audience of about 100 people. Totally hamming it up. That kid has no fear...and apparently he has no insecurities because on the ride home, my BFF asked him why he didn't want to join the theater. His reply: "I'm way better than all of them." I love his self-confidence, but I think he might need a great big slice of humble pie!!

Post Sock-Hop: What I had imagined would be 10-12 people turned into 24. Twelve kids and twelve adults...but I wouldn't have it any other way. We hung out in the kitchen, swapping laughs and then played a friendly game of Spoons, which ended in one of my new friends sliding head first across my huge kitchen island, almost falling over the edge and nearly losing his pants as someone tried to same him from sustaining serious head trauma. Totally diggin' my new friends. How often is it that 6 couples could hang out together and EVERYONE gets along. I'm still trying to memorize which kids belong to which couples...guess that will come in time.

Photo: The twelve kids. They were better behaved than the adults.

I'm writing this on Monday. I'm fairly certain that I hit the treadmill between cleaning house and the Sock-Hop, but I can not confirm that with 100% confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment