Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Days 108-109: Single Mom

Daddy is gone this week. He takes the dog out at 6:30am, gets Sierra off to school at 6:45am, makes my coffee in the morning, takes the trash out, cleans the litter box, waters the garden, takes Lil C to Cub Scout meetings, and entertains the kids in the evenings. It has been a little rough on the homefront, but we are managing.

I spent the majority of my days packing up my office/storage room. There was a TON of stuff in that room, and it was definitely a workout.

I was so motivated by the large pile of "donation/trash" I created by cleaning out the office that I dove right into Lil C's room. Three large garbage bags later, his room was cleaned. He hardly noticed. I also now know how he was so fast and efficient at cleaning his room. He'd shove it all into his closet...toys, laundry, garbage, whatever. At least I didn't find another booger collection.


What hurts the most? My back. What hurts the 2nd most? My toes. I made the terrible mistake of doing 12 hours of packing and stretching and lifting and box moving in $10 Wal-Mart flip flops.

A friend from CA who just recently moved told me that she did the same thing and is still paying the price. Packing is a workout. You bend, you stretch to reach things, you lift heavy things, you carry heavy weights, you sweat... My recommendation: wear tennis shoes.

Now that I have those rooms all cleared out, I feel much better about the rest of the house. My body is in a little bit of pain, but I'm still down 10lbs. My workouts have become a little more domesticated these days, but sweat is sweat, and sweat feels good!


3 comments: