Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 117: Fight Fire with Fire

Thursday, or better yet, quoting my friend, Shawna - it's Friday-eve. I've always said that if you're feeling low on energy, do the opposite of what your brain is telling you to do. Your brain will tell you to get more rest, but your brain is wrong. Taking a brisk walk when you're feeling an energy deficit will actually help increase your energy level. If you're in this category, try it. I challenge you. Once you see it for yourself, you will be a believer.

I woke up this morning with extreme pain in my toes and my fingers were sore too. Only now, there is a spot on my kneecaps that hurts as well. What's covering your kneecaps? Skin? I haven't taken a human biology class since high school. Maybe there is some connective tissue of some sort. I'm sure I'll be googling it after I finish this post.

I'm baffled as to what is going on. I asked Daddy to pick up Lil C from Karate tonight so that I could go to the gym. Whatever it is, I figured I'd try to take the same concept that I mentioned above and apply it to this pain. It's a risk, but what's the worst that could happen? More pain? No biggie. I'm tough.

I took it a little easy at the gym and started slower...taking longer to ease up to a 3.8 on the treadmill while watching the final Season 6 episode of Grey's Anatomy. I knew someone was going to die...thank goodness it was the newbies. I also think I figured out why I love the show so much. These characters push themselves to levels they don't believe in their minds that they can reach...and most of the time, they succeed.

That's the only way to live your life. Try to do something once a week that you don't think you can do. If it turns out you can't do it, then you've lost nothing. Give 100% and you can't lose.

If you're a committed follower of this blog, you know that I've had a rough month. Not blogging every day like I promised, sick kids, husband out of town, daughter's wisdom teeth extraction, fevers, vomit, packing boxes, and now this arthritis scare.

Life happens. Deal with it and move forward.

Daddy has offered to hold down the fort while I spend the weekend with the BFF in Lake City at her dad's farm. Nothing but pedicures, peace and quiet, reading, poker, wine and soaking up the rays for a bit. He's pretty awesome like that.

Out of the blue the other night, he came to me and told me that I should write a book. He's been reading my blog and thinks it's pretty darn good...maybe it was because I blogged about how awesome he was. Hmmmmm. This may not seem like a big deal to most people, but you have to know Charlie. He doesn't hand out compliments on a regular basis. It's on very rare occasion that he offers an unsolicited compliment to anyone. Felt good.

Photo is where I'll be Saturday morning...drinking my coffee and reading the rest of that book.

No comments:

Post a Comment