Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 101-102 - Institutionalized

I have spent the past 7 days stuck in this house with sick kids.

Knowing that I would not be able to get to the gym, I did random kitchen counter push ups through out Day 101 and then speed cleaned on Day 102.

When speed cleaning, if you have two shoes to carry from the living room to the bedroom, take one at a time and walk twice as fast. Continue with each and every item that needs to be put away.

I wish I had actually counted the push-ups. If you start at 9am and do 20 of them every hour or so, you can manage 160. It's so easy, and it burns so good!! That pound that I gained last week was gone this morning (technically day 103). Kind of diggin' that.

I've always heard that the longer it takes you to take the weight off, the longer it takes you to put it back on. If my math skills are as sharp as they used to be, and if I live to be 90 years old, I SHOULD be able to eat right and exercise for the next 26 years, and then splurge for my final 26 years??? I like my math. These are the things that I think about when I'm stuck at home for 7 days. Feeling a bit institutionalized.

Photo: Coloring Eggs on the Tuesday AFTER Easter. Better late than never!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment