Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 100 - Spongebob: My Inspiration

Wow. I've been at this for 100 days. I'm down a total of 8 lbs. It would have been more, but I started to slack.

I think that I was happy with the 8 lbs that I had already lost, therefore becoming complacent:

 [com·pla·cent (k m-pl s nt). adj. 1. Contented to a fault; self-satisfied and unconcerned]. 

While being complacent has its place in life, it has no place in Taking Back Twenty.


I celebrated this day with 100 kitchen counter push-ups, and they kicked my complacent butt. 


If you're a committed "Taking Back Twenty" reader, you know that we're in the process of selling our house, moving, buying property, finding a place to rent and building a new home. Talk about stress levels through the roof. My new found complacency has allowed me to fall right back into my "Lose, Stop, Gain" pattern. It's a vicious cycle that ended today. 

I'm not going to get down on myself because that will lead to more avoidance and fear of failure. That is the hardest thing to remember. This process is not a win/lose or pass/fail situation. Just like everything else in life, there is a cycle, and it's time to ramp it back up... If it means the laundry isn't caught up or the house isn't spotless, or the beds aren't made, then so be it. 


Quoting my positive influence, Spongebob Squarepants, "Now it's time to briiiinnnngggg it around tooowwnnn."

If you haven't experienced the funny and positive nature'd sponge man-boy, please check it out here: "Bring It Around Town by Spongebob Squarepants"


.















No comments:

Post a Comment