Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 292 - Sand Spurs, Sisters and Spiders

I've been struggling the past few days to get through this Real Estate School stuff. Have I not blogged about it yet? I'm so sorry - I've been slacking in the blog department (says, Amanda Kennedy-Turner).

I got back on the treadmill this evening, so let's take a moment to celebrate that fact. YAY Me!!! Lil C didn't have school today. A Thursday...strange, but we made the most of it. It's a good thing, though. Lil C woke up stuffy and he slipped into Daddy's side of the bed when he left for work...smearing germy germs all over Daddy's pillow. We milked it for all it was worth... Snuggled until around 8:30am. (I'll be blogging about Daddy being sick in a week, so stay tuned. THAT will be a good one).

I spent the morning doing my real estate school (40 pages of Real Estate info on "The Fed" - zzzzzzzzzz) while Lil C ate breakfast and then watched some cartoons. My sister surprised me with a visit around 2pm. She had a testing/interview this morning in downtown Tampa and dropped by afterwards to chat. She brought wine. Now, I generally don't have a problem with enjoying a occasional mid-afternoon glass of vino with the hermana, but I was still in my PJ's. THAT was weird. I think that must be how alcoholics feel. It felt so wrong, but so right...all at the same time. I'm still a little weirded out about it. PJ's + wine = something I'm not quite ready to address. Pretend I never said anything.

While I was in my PJ's, Lil C was still in his underwear. Once the big sister left, guilt got the best of me, so I got the boy dressed and we tackled the sand spurs on our front lawn. How do you get rid of sand spurs? You Move. Kidding. I had Lil C spray the plant with weed and grass killer, then I cut off the spurs and put them in a baggie and sealed them up. THEN, we had lunch on the pool patio and knocked a dirt dauber's nest down and when it hit the concrete, about 50 paralyzed spiders came tumbling out. We were amazed. I had NO IDEA those dirt daubers killed spiders. I'm torn. The Spiders kill the bugs, but the daubers kill the spiders. WHO DO I SIDE WITH??? Reminds me of our political system. smh.

Finished up the night with Daddy teaching Lil C how to Tie Dye. This should be a required course in Jr High School. (This would be a perfect place for someone to say, "Just Sayin'" - but I won't. I hate that quote. Duh - we know you're just sayin' - you just said it.)

Moving on. Living, Growing. Struggling. Surviving.

No comments:

Post a Comment