Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 275 - Thank You Melissa Kendall Gray

Want to know what motivated me to do 100 crunches, 100 leg lifts and 45 minutes on the treadmill? Three words: Melissa. Kendall. Gray. She posted some pics of me on Facebook from, like, FOREVER ago. I probably weighed 130lbs - slim and trim - and I'm sure that at the time, I still felt overweight. Sickening, really. Twenty five pounds later, I want to go back in time and smack myself.

I love you, Mel. I miss you tons. I wish you never moved back to Indiana, for my own personal reasons of course. I know that you are better off there with your main squeeze and your immediate family, but I still miss you like crazy.

This one photo in particular struck a nerve. It' of Charlie and Me...he's kissing my cheek with our old Jetski (and Matt) in the background. We used to have tons of fun on those things. I also used to Scuba dive and ride a Harley motorcycle. Maybe it's because I'm approaching the big 4-0. I feel so cliché.

I think it may be time to turn a few of those "used-to's" into "still-do's" :o)






2 comments: