Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 277 - Fork in the Road

We've all been here in one way, shape or form. It can be a scary place...

Intimidating.
Daunting.
Disheartening.

It's no surprise to me. I've seen it on the horizon for the past year, but that doesn't make it any less intimidating. The kids are grown and fairly self-sufficient, and with Charlie's "gentle insistence," I suppose it's time to get back in the money. We have big dreams for our new home and acreage, and we have one starting college next year - an extra paycheck might just make things a little easier around here.

Changing careers again in a big way. I've been putting feelers out for several month now... checking out different industries... even interviewed for my old job a couple of weeks ago. I haven't heard back on that one, and in all honesty, after visiting my old workplace downtown and talking to a few old colleagues, I hope I don't hear back.

When I left the company 10 years ago, the place was buzzing with sales and promotions and energy. However, when I visited a couple of weeks ago, it was like walking through a funeral parlor. Absolutely dreadful. I suppose after sucking all of the life out of its employees, it's now sucking the life out of itself.

Chapter 4 in The Life and Employment of LeighAnn Monaghan will be titled: Real Estate. The last fork in the road I faced was in 1996, choosing between real estate and GTE/Verizon. It's ironic that I find myself back at the same fork in the road...15 years later.

On an unrelated note...remember those 100 crunches and 100 leg lifts from 2 days ago? Holy Cannelloni!!! My core is sore. Must be working.

Signing off to go lace up the old sneakers and start a sweat-fest. I have a muffin top to destroy.

Photo: Pulled it off of Google. It's the digital magic of some unknown artist.



1 comment:

  1. perhaps i'll get off my muffin'd top, too...and lift my behind while i'm at it...

    i'm glad you're taking the road you haven't traveled yet. that's typically more fun. and you're always right where you're supposed to be. ;)

    ReplyDelete