Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 238 - Space & Time

Everyone needs personal space, but not everyone is lucky enough to have their own personal space. A place where the rules are whatever we make them, the energy is in our complete control and we can do with the space whatever we want to.

So, in addition to reclaiming my "Twenty," I also decided to claim my very own physical space in the new house. It's a room just off the pool deck in the back of the house. There are two sets of french doors that offer a gorgeous sunset every night............. in all of its glory...... as the sun drifts into the tips of the pine trees.......... reflecting its remnants of crimson and orange off the glass-like pool water.

OK - back to reality. Bottom line, I needed my own personal space. Before, I used to get in my car, drive to the clubhouse and go to the gym. The gym was my personal space. Not so glamorous, and not so personal, but it served its purpose. Unfortunately, the only views were that of my sweaty messy self.

Now, after 3-4 days of non-stop sanding, taping, painting, moving, drilling and hanging, I ALMOST have a place to call my own, sans carpet, but that will come next month! Doing a workout on this treadmill with these views might actually be a pleasure...in my new Happy Place.


No comments:

Post a Comment