Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.

Wife. Mom. Sister. Daughter. Best Friend. Fotog. Pranskter. Student. Teacher. Lover of Life.
Taking back what's mine. Inspiring those with no time, no energy and/or no desire to exercise. A 365 Photo Blog © LeighAnn Monaghan

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day 270 - Too Pretty to Sweat

That day when you realize that you haven't actually "done" your hair in over 2 weeks. I recently just bought hair ties in bulk.

I suppose that should have been my first clue.


I'd say it's a combination of new house stress, car repair stress, kid in her senior year being out of school district stress, making new friends stress and husband wanting you to go back to work stress.


Taking a glimpse into the past: I was invited to go have dinner and drinks last night with a new friend.


Ugh.


That meant I would actually have to "do" my hair and makeup. Talk about a moment of truth. Poor Charlie. I may have actually divorced me by now. Being a stay-at home mom, it's easy to fall into the shower-every-other-day routine.


Fast forward through the torture of trying to make myself presentable: we met at Kokopelli's... apparently it's the only decent place to have dinner in Dade City. I was impressed and I will definitely go back again...met the owner...his name is John - very friendly and welcoming.


The Awakening:

It was the time that I spent on my hair getting ready for my girlfriend date that brought my attention to the fact that I have truly let myself go. Thank goodness I had a pre-scheduled hair appointment today. Normally, I would have asked for a trim and possibly a few foils. Instead, I sat down in the chair and heard these words come out of my mouth: "cut it all off...lots of layers and lots of dramatic contrast." I almost slapped myself. WhAT?????

Thank goodness for my new hair stylist (Kesha @ Bella Tower Spa in Dade City across from Pasco High School). Had she not recognized my obvious moment of insanity, I would probably have Ellen Degeneres hair right now. Not that Ellen has bad hair. I LOVE her hair - but it's skinny chic hair. Wouldn't have the same effect on this big head.


Spent the morning hours in foils, and the afternoon in a Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger KeraTriplex Treatment. Yeah - say THAT 3 times fast. All I can say is my hair feels like silk. They said it should last about 3 months. I'll let you know. Regardless, there is something to be said about having someone make you beautiful. 


I was planning on throwing on the sweats and pumping out a mile or two on the treadmill when I got home, but I didn't want to mess up my pretty new hair. Too pretty to sweat!! Ha! My blog, my rules.



No comments:

Post a Comment